Tuesday, February 21, 2012

McCabe's Guitar Shop, Pico Blvd, Santa Monica

My best discovery on this trip has been Tuna Canyon Rd, but
McCabe's Guitar Shop is right up there with it.

I'm not much interested in browsing guitars, but I am in the sounds they make
.... and in particular the artists who play 'em.

I discovered that this Guitar shop has concerts in a back room (seats about 150),
and that there were two artists playing while I was in LA, that I really wanted to see .... 
Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks and David Lindley
McCabe's Guitar Shop, on Pico


So I called them up from Melbourne and booked two performances, for $US55.00 total !!
And boy, what a great a time I had. 

The back room is cosy, the seats are hard, the sound is good.
But the best bit is that the artists are so close and are laid back.
The friendly banter with the audience makes it so much more intimate than some huge concert venue. 
Next time I will book every night I can, whether I know the artist or not.
I highly recommend you do the same when in town.

Concert listings

http://www.mccabes.com/


Parking

No comments:

Post a Comment